The Perfect Chia Seed Pudding
Variation is key. This chia seed pudding has been the perfect twist-it-up breakfast item at home. Yes, I got courageous enough to jump off the oatmeal and peanut butter bandwagon. These little seeds are known for having 4 things: fibers, protein, omega 3 and antioxidants. & that ladies and gentlemen, would be a list of all the things I’m constantly talking about.
What’s great about chia seeds is that you can use them in many different ways. The way they become geltenious when soaked in liquid is very useful for making different food items. But of course, you can still use chia seeds over your salads, sandwiches, yogurt etc. But here, I’m going to share with you my family-approved chia seed pudding. Strawberries are a seasonal fruit, so you can definitely choose whichever fruit you like and have available at home.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHIA SEED PUDDING:
For 4 servings
|Chia seeds||63 g|
|Soy milk (unsweetened)||425 g|
|Honey||40 g (3 tbsp)|
|Vanilla extract||1/2 tsp|
|Sea Salt Coarse||1/4 tsp|
|For the toppings:|
|Strawberries to be blended||4|
|Almonds, crushed||12 pcs|
|Banana, sliced||110 g|
TO MAKE THE CHIA BASE
1) Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir.
2) Pour the chia seed mix equally into each cup.
3) Cool in the fridge for 5 hours or overnight for the best result.
FOR THE TOPPING:
1) Place the portion of the strawberries in the blender and blend until saucey texture. Divide the strawberry sauce evenly into the cups.
2) Crush the almonds and put a light layer of almonds over the sauce.
3) Slice the bananas and the strawberries place a layer of banana and then a layer of strawberries on each cup.
4) Sprinkle crushed almonds on top.
Best part? Per serving, there’s 244 calories, 6 whole grams of protein, 9 grams of healthy fats, and 36 grams of carbs!
Baraa El Sabbagh
Latest posts by Baraa El Sabbagh (see all)
- 6 Super Seeds to Add to Your Diet - November 5, 2017
- ChefXChange: What a concept! - September 15, 2017
- Casper & Gambini’s Fit n’ Healthy Menu by Healthy Happy Us - July 25, 2017