Heathier Pesto Sauce
Kiss the processed pesto sauce goodbye and replace it with this wholesome, nutritious and delicious recipe.
It's all about superfoods! From creamy avocado to gut healthy garlic and crunchy pine nuts, you'll be getting the best of both worlds: the nourishing and the delicious.
You can serve it with boiled whole grain pasta and your choice of chicken or shrimps and veggies to get your complete meal.
How to make it?
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- ½ large ripe avocado
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. water, plus more if necessary
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Sea salt, to taste
- Add basil, avocado, garlic, pine and lemon juice to a food processor and pulse for 20 seconds or until pesto is chopped.
- Add in water and process again until completely smooth. You may need to add more water to get it to your desired consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cheese.
- Store in an airtight container or sealed mason jar and refrigerate. Pesto is best if used within a few days.
Here's a video of our intuitive eating dietitian and health coach Rola Ghaddar preparing that recipe on Al Araby TV. Check it out for extra guidance.
Let us know what you think when you try it! Don't forget to tag @rola_ghaddar and @healthy_happy_us on instagram ;)