Quinoa-licious Chicken Salad Recipe
Packed with super ingredients this light quinoa chicken salad recipe makes the perfect energy boosting meal for lunch or dinner! Moreover, the protein packed quinoa and chicken gives 30 grams of proteins per serving!
Most of all, it is quick and easy to make and always the way to go when you have a hectic schedule.
This blog was written by Angela Azar , Licensed Dietitian and intern at Healthy Happy Us and edited by Rola Ghaddar, US Registered Dietitian and Certified Health Coach at Healthy Happy Us, a nutrition and exercise diet center in Beirut, Lebanon.
How to make it?
Ingredients of this delicious quinoa chicken salad
- 1/3 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 1/2 chicken breast (200g uncooked)
- 8 walnut halves
- 1 cup fresh mint
- 2 cups rocket leaves
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 chopped spring onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp white pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp mustard
1) Prepare all the ingredients listed above
2) Pre-heat the oven to 230°C
2) Boil the quinoa- add a 1/3 cup of quinoa with 1 cup of water
3) Mix 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp olive oil, 2 tsp white pepper, 1 tsp oregano and 2 tsp mustard and marinate the chicken.
4) Grease the pan with 1 tsp of olive oil and bake the chicken for 20 minutes at 230°C
5) Prepare the dressing: Mix 2 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tsp olive oil, 2 tsp mustard, 2 tsp honey
6) Bring it all together!
Nutrition facts per serving of the quinoa chicken salad
Calories: 380 Carbs: 28g Proteins: 30g Fats: 22g
Also, you can check out the recipe video for more guidance!
This recipe is one of the many delicious and easy recipes of #HHU21days challenge. Check out this blog about to learn more about it!
Latest posts by Rola Ghaddar (see all)
- Quinoa-licious Chicken Salad Recipe - November 29, 2017
- Top Cancer Causing Foods: How to Replace Them in Your Diet - November 1, 2017
- 10 Cancer Fighting Foods: How to Add Them to Your Diet! - October 7, 2017